Lignin, a major fraction of wood like plants (lt. lignum = wood), is after cellulose, the second most abundant biopolymer on earth and is a massive side stream of the pulp & biorefinery industry. Lignin not only gives woody plants their strength, but also UV protection, antioxidant, and other protective functions, and even with these amazing properties, more than 97% is simply burned. Lignopure’s mission is to enable and potentialize the natural functionalities of lignin for its use in daily life products and novel material applications. Moreover, our technology approach is replicable and can be added to processes with suitable lignin side streams all over the world for a greener and more sustainable economy.
Our goal is to show for the first time, that lignin can also be successfully used in the multiple industries in high-quality applications and thus pave the way for lignin to find its place in a new, bio-based economy where is used in innovative large-volume applications. With our leading-edge work, patented particle technology and production plant, we aim to strengthen Germany and Europe as a technology center and to proof, that ecologically and economically sustainable business models can be built on the basis of lignin and therefore solidify it as a cornerstone of the European bioeconomy strategy.
Search / Offer
- Companies interested in developing novel lignin-based materials
- Companies interested in pioneering the use of lignin in pharma, food and cosmetic applications
- Companies that are open for collaborative projects on regards of lignin-based solutions for multiple industries
- Biorefineries looking for consultancy about the possible uses fo their lignin biomass
- Expertise in the development of lignin-based materials for multiple industries
- Ready-to-use lignin-based powder materials for cosmetic industry
- Lignin-based materials/ingredients for nutraceuticals
- Prototype development of lignin-based novel materials