Investors meet pioneers of the bioeconomy…
- Start-ups from the field of bio-based materials, biotechnology and carbon capture & utilization (CCU)
- Financial service providers
- Start-up consultants
- Representatives of the industry
Partners……of the event are the Federation of Reinforced Plastics (AVK), BCNP Consultants GmbH, Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), the Central Agricultural Raw Materials Marketing- and Energy-Network (C.A.R.M.E.N. e. V.), CLIB2021, Enterprise Europe Network, European Bioplastics e. V., Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe (FNR), IBB Netzwerk GmbH, 3N Centre of Experts Lower Saxony — Network for Renewable Resources e. V., kunststoffland NRW e. V., PolyComply Hoechst GmbH, RIN Stoffströme, Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), Association of the German Wood-based Panel Industries (VHI e. V.) – more partners are welcome.
The following start-ups have already been chosen to introduce themselves at the Bio-based Start-up Day:
- 4GENE (DE) www.4gene.de: 4GENE develops and produces natural, biotechnologically engineered, activable flavour and fragrance precursors. Products are marketed as FLAVOR-ON-DEMAND to flavour and fragrance customers worldwide.
- BIOTREM (PL) http://biotrem.pl/en: BIOTREM uses an organic by-product of milling (wheat husks) to produce tableware that is fully natural and fully compostable. The production process is very clean. Only husks, steam, pressure and heat are needed.
- Electrochaea GmbH (DE) www.electrochaea.com: Electrochaea is developing a disruptive grid-scale energy storage technology. Their power-to-gas (P2G) process converts CO2 and low-cost or stranded electricity into pipeline-grade methane for direct injection into the existing natural gas grid.
- GLYCONIC (DE) www.glyconic.com: GLYCONIC is a developer of glycosylated polyphenols. With its state-of-the-art technology GLYCONIC is the preferred partner in cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industry when it comes to adapting the effectiveness, stability, solubility and bioavailability of polyphenol derivates.
- Kiverdi, Inc. (US) www.kiverdi.com: Kiverdi makes high-value oils and chemicals for a variety of product applications such as detergents, biomaterials and fuel additives. Kiverdi’s chemicals are sustainably produced from waste carbon and decoupled from the price fluctuations, supply chain disruptions, and geopolitics associated with commodities.
- Mycoplast S.n.c. (IT) www.mycoplast.com: MOGU is a start-up initiative created in January 2015 by Mycoplast, aiming to research, develop and commercialise a wide variety of bio-materials produced from mycelium and agro-industrial residues as substrates.
- Nafigate Corporation, A.S. (CZ) www.nafigate.info/en: Hydal biotechnology — as the first technology in the world — utilizes 100% waste (used cooking oil) for the production of a bio-based polymer, polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA), on the industrial scale. First pilot line and plant is being built in Suzhou in China.
- NordBioChem OÜ (EE) http://nordbiochem.eu: NordBioChem has developed a whole technological platform starting with the lactic acid fermentation technology suitable for large- scale production and has combined it with new solutions in catalytical mechanisms and chemical derivatisation technologies.
- Skytree (NL) www.skytree.eu: Based on space technology, Skytree has developed a patented process which re-captures CO2 directly from the ambient air. This allows providing or subtracting carbon neutral CO2 on-site, anytime, anywhere. This CO2 can in turn be used for such applications as growing plants, ventilation and water treatment.