Global Bioenergies, Clariant and INEOS receive major EU funding to demonstrate the production of isobutene derivatives from straw
- Conversion of straw into glucose- and xylose-rich hydrolysates by Clariant Sunliquid® technology (Germany),
- Fermentation of the straw hydrolysates into bio-isobutene by Global Bioenergies (France and Germany),
- Conversion of bio-isobutene to oligomers by INEOS (a world leader in Belgium and France),
- Preliminary engineering of an hydrolysate-to-isobutene plant and overall integration with a straw-to-hydrolysate plant, by TechnipFMC and IPSB (France), and
- Assessment of the sustainability and environmental benefits by the Energy Institute at the University of Linz (Austria).