Farmers from Oltenia and Clariant to partner for a cleaner environment
6 benefits of the sunliquid® plant for the Oltenia region
- Clariant will invest over EUR 100 million for the construction of the cellulosic ethanol plant. The project’s development and implementation in Romania is supported by the European Union, as part of EU’s funding for technological development from the funding programs FP7 and Horizon 2020 through the Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking BBI.
- The construction phase will create approx. 800 jobs.
- The plant will offer approx. 120 jobs for a sustainable industry and Clariant is currently recruiting local workforce.
- Once completed, the sunliquid® plant will offer approx. 300 permanent jobs for side industries serving the facility, as well as for transporting and storing raw material.
- The sunliquid® project will create a network of suppliers including local farmers, who will have the opportunity to transform agricultural residues such as cereal straw into an additional source of income.
- Romania will be placed on the map of advanced biofuels producers, showcasing innovative technology.