Thank you very much for your interest in our company. The management of Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH attaches great importance to data protection. In general, it is possible to use the internet pages of Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH without providing any personal data. However, if a person concerned wishes to make use of special services provided by our company via our website, personal data may have to be processed. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no legal basis for such processing, we generally obtain the consent of the person concerned.
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address or telephone number of a person concerned, is always carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH. By means of this data protection declaration, our company wishes to inform the public about the type, scope and purpose of the personal data collected, used and processed by us. Furthermore, this data protection declaration will inform the persons concerned about their rights.
Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH, as the data controller, has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete possible protection of personal data processed via this website. Nevertheless, Internet-based data transmissions can in principle have security gaps, so that absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, every person concerned is free to transmit personal data to us by alternative means, such as phone.
The data protection declaration of Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH is based on the terminology used by the European directive and regulatory authority in adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our data protection declaration should be easy to read and understand for the public as well as for our customers and business partners. In order to ensure this, we would like to explain the terms used in advance. We use, inter alia, the following terms in this data protection declaration:
- personal data: Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “person concerned”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an on-line identifier or one or more specific characteristics expressing the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- person concerned: A person concerned is any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data are processed by the controller.
- processing: Processing shall mean any operation or set of operations which is carried out with or without the aid of automated means relating to personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, sorting, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or integration, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- restriction of processing: Restriction of processing is the labelling of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their future processing.
- profiling: Profiling is any automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of such personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects relating to the work performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, conduct, whereabouts or movement of that natural person.
- pseudonymisation: pseudonymisation means the processing of personal data in such a way that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific person concerned without additional information. It must be provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures ensuring that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- data controller: The data controller is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. Where the purposes and means of such processing are laid down by Union law or by the law of the Member States, the controller or controllers may be designated in accordance with Union law or with the law of the Member States on the basis of specific criteria.
- processor: A processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- recipient: A recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body to whom personal data are disclosed, whether or not it is a third party. However, authorities which may receive personal data in the context of a specific investigation mandate under Union law or the law of the Member States shall not be considered as recipients.
- third party: A third party is any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the person concerned, the controller, the processor and the persons authorised to process the personal data under the direct responsibility of the controller or processor.
- consent: Consent shall mean any voluntary, informed and unambiguous expression by the person concerned of his or her will in the particular case, in the form of a statement or other unequivocal confirmatory act, indicating that he or she consents to the processing of his or her personal data.
2. Name and address of the data controller
The data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation, other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection character is:
The person concerned can prevent the setting of cookies by our website at any time by means of an appropriate setting of the internet browser used and thus permanently object to the setting of cookies. Furthermore, cookies that have already been set can be deleted at any time via an internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all common internet browsers. If the person concerned deactivates the setting of cookies in the internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be fully usable under certain circumstances.
4. Collection of general data and information
The website of Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH collects a range of general data and information each time the website is accessed by a person concerned or an automated system. These general data and information are stored in the log files of the server. The following data can be recorded: (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the internet page from which an accessing system accesses our internet page (so-called referrer), (4) the subwebsites which are accessed via an accessing system on our internet page, (5) the date and time of access to the website, (6) an internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the internet service provider of the accessing system and (8) other similar data and information used to avert dangers in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using this general data and information, Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH does not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. This information is required to (1) correctly deliver the content of our website, (2) optimize the content of our website and any advertising for it, (3) ensure the long-term functionality of our information technology systems and the technology of our website, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in the event of a cyber attack. This anonymously collected data and information is therefore evaluated by Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH both statistically and with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our company in order to ultimately ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by the person concerned.
5. Registration on our website (member login)
The person concerned has the possibility to register on the website of the controller, indicating personal data and after having been included in the network. The personal data transmitted to the data controller in this process is determined by the respective input mask used for registration. The personal data entered by the person concerned are collected and stored exclusively for internal use by the data controller and for its own purposes. The controller may arrange for the data to be disclosed to one or more processors who will also use the personal data exclusively for internal purposes attributable to the controller.
By registering on the website of the data controller, the IP address assigned to the person concerned by the internet service provider (ISP), as well as date and time of registration are stored. This data is stored in order to prevent misuse of our services and, if necessary, to enable us to investigate criminal offences that have been committed. In this respect, the storage of this data is necessary to safeguard the data controller. These data will not be passed on to third parties unless there is a legal obligation to do so or the data is used for criminal prosecution.
The registration of the person concerned by voluntarily providing personal data serves the purpose of the data controller to offer the person concerned contents or services which, due to the nature of the matter, can only be offered to registered users. Registered persons are free to modify the personal data provided during registration at any time or to have them completely deleted from the database of the data controller.
The data controller shall provide any person concerned at any time upon request with information as to which personal data relating to the person concerned are stored. Furthermore, the data controller shall correct or delete personal data at the request or notice of the person concerned, unless this is contrary to any legal obligation to retain such data. The entire staff of the data controller shall be available to the person concerned as contact persons in this context.
6. Possibility to contact us via the website
Due to legal regulations, the website of Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH contains information that enables rapid electronic contact with our company as well as direct communication with us. This also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a person concerned contacts the data controller by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the person concerned is automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted voluntarily by a person concerned to the data controller will be stored for the purposes of processing or contacting the person concerned. This personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
7. Routine deletion and blocking of personal data
The controller shall process and store the personal data of the person concerned only for the period of time necessary to achieve the storage purpose or where provided for by the European directive and regulation authorities or another legislator in laws or regulations to which the controller is subject.
If the storage purpose no longer applies or if a storage period prescribed by the European directive and regulation authorities or another competent legislator expires, the personal data shall be blocked or deleted routinely and in accordance with the statutory provisions.
8. Rights of the person concerned
- Right of confirmation: Every person concerned shall have the right, granted by the European directive and regulation authority, to obtain confirmation from the controller as to whether personal data relating to him or her are being processed. If a person concerned wishes to use this right of confirmation, he or she may at any time contact an employee of the controller.
- Right of access: Any person concerned involved in the processing of personal data has the right granted by the European directive and regulation authority to obtain, at any time and free of charge, from the controller, information on the personal data relating to that person concerned and a copy of that information. In addition, the European Directive and Regulation authority has granted the person concerned access to the following information:
- the processing purposes
- the categories of personal data processed
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if that is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration
- the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning the person concerned or of a right to limitation of the processing carried out by the controller or of a right to object to such processing
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority
- if the personal data are not collected from the person concerned: All available information on the origin of the data
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, in accordance with Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the person concerned
- The person concerned also has the right to know whether personal data have been transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. If this is the case, the person concerned shall also have the right to obtain information on the appropriate safeguards in connection with the transfer. If a person concerned wishes to exercise this right of access, he or she may at any time contact a staff member of the controller.
- Right of rectification: Any person concerned has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation authority, to request the rectification without delay of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Furthermore, the person concerned shall have the right, to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary statement, taking into account the purposes of the processing. If a person concerned wishes to exercise this right of rectification, he or she may at any time contact a staff member of the controller.
- Right of erasure (right to be forgotten): Any person concerned has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation, to claim from the controller the immediate erasure of personal data concerning him or her, if one of the following reasons applies and if the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data have been collected for such purposes or processed in any other way for which they are no longer necessary.
- The person concerned revokes his/her consent on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2a GDPR and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- The person concerned objects to the processing under Article 21(1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing or the person concerned objects to the processing under Article 21(2) GDPR
- Personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the data controller is subject.
- The personal data were collected in relation to information society services offered according to Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR.
- If one of the above reasons applies and a person concerned wishes to have personal data stored at Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH deleted, he or she can contact an employee of the data controller at any time. Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH will ensure that the request for deletion is complied immediately. If the personal data has been published by Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH and if our company, as data controller, is obliged to delete the personal data in accordance with Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR, Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH shall take into account the available technology and implementation costs with appropriate measures, including technical measures, to inform other persons responsible for data processing who process the published personal data that the person concerned has requested these other persons responsible for data processing to delete all links to such personal data or to delete copies or replications of such personal data, insofar as such processing is not necessary. Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH will take the necessary steps on a case-by-case basis.
- Right to limitation of processing: Any person concerned involved in the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation authority, to request the controller to restrict the processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the person concerned for a period of time which allows the data controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful, the person concerned refuses the deletion of the personal data and instead requests the restriction of use of the personal data.
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but the person concerned needs them for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The person concerned has lodged an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons of the data controller outweigh those of the person concerned.
- If one of the above conditions is met and a person concerned wishes to have his or her personal data stored at Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH restricted, he or she can contact an employee of the data controller at any time. Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH will arrange a limitation of the processing.
- Right of data portability: Any person concerned involved in the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation authority, to obtain his or her personal data, provided by the person concerned to a controller, in a structured, common and machine-readable format. A person concerned also has the right to communicate these data to another controller without being hindered by the controller to whom the personal data have been provided, if the processing is based on the consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1b GDPR and the processing is carried out using automated methods, as long as the processing is not necessary for the performance of a task which is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority entrusted to the controller.
Furthermore, when exercising his right to data transferability pursuant to Art. 20 para. 1 GDPR, the person concerned shall have the right to obtain that the personal data be transferred directly from one controller to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible and as long as the rights and freedoms of other persons are not impaired thereby.
- Right of objection: Any person concerned has the right granted by the European directive and regulation authority to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning him or her on the basis of Article 6(1)e or f of the GDPR on grounds relating to his or her specific situation. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions. Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH will no longer process the personal data in the event of objection, unless we can prove compelling reasons for processing which are worthy of protection and outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. If Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH processes personal data in order to conduct direct advertising, the person concerned has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for the purpose of such advertising. This also applies to profiling as far as it is related to such direct marketing. If the person concerned objects to Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH from processing his or her personal data for direct marketing purposes, Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH will no longer process the personal data for these purposes. In addition, the person concerned shall have the right to object to the processing of personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes concerning him or her by Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH pursuant to Art. 89 para. 1 DS-GVO for reasons arising from his or her particular situation, unless such processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest. In order to exercise the right to objection, the person concerned can contact an employee of Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH directly. Any person concerned is also free to exercise his or her right of objection in connection with the use of information society services, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, by means of automated procedures in which technical specifications are used.
- Automated decisions in individual cases including profiling: Any person concerned involved in the processing of personal data shall have the right, granted by the European Data Protection Directive and Regulation authority, not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects upon him or her or significantly affects him or her in a similar manner, as long as the decision (1) is not necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the person concerned and the data controller, or (2) is authorised by law of the Union or of the Member States to which the data controller is subject and which provides for adequate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms and the legitimate interests of the person concerned, or (3) is taken with the explicit consent of the person concerned.
If the decision (1) is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the person concerned and the person responsible or (2) is made with the explicit consent of the person concerned, Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH shall take appropriate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms as well as the legitimate interests of the person concerned, including at least the right to obtain an intervention of a person by the data controller, to state his or her own position and to contest the decision. If the person concerned wishes to assert rights relating to automated decisions, he or she may at any time contact an employee of the data controller.
- Right to revocation of a data protection consent: Every person concerned affected by the processing of personal data has the right granted by the European directive and regulation authority to revoke consent to the processing of personal data at any time. If the person concerned wishes to exercise his or her right to revoke consent, he or she may do so at any time by contacting an employee of the controller.
9. Legal basis of data processing
Art. 6 I lit. a GDPR serves our company as a legal basis for processing operations in which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the person concerned is a party, as is the case, for example, with processing operations that are necessary for the delivery of goods or the provision of other services or consideration, the processing is based on Art. 6 I lit. b GDPR. The same applies to such processing operations that are necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, such as in cases of inquiries about our services. If our company is subject to a legal obligation requiring the processing of personal data, such as for the fulfilment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6 I lit. c GDPR. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may become necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the person concerned or another natural person. This would be the case, for example, if a visitor to our company was injured and his or her name, age, health insurance data or other vital information would have to be passed on to a doctor, hospital or other third party. Then the processing would be based on Art. 6 I lit. d GDPR. Finally, processing operations could be based on Art. 6 I lit. f GDPR. Processing operations that are not covered by any of the aforementioned legal bases are based on this legal basis if the processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party. To the extent that the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the person concerned do not prevail. Such processing operations are permitted in particular because they have been specifically mentioned by the European legislator. In this respect, the legislator took the view that a legitimate interest could be assumed if the person concerned is a customer of the controller (recital 47 sentence 2 GDPR).
10. Legitimate interests in the processing pursued by the controller or by a third party
If the processing of personal data is based on Article 6 I lit. f GDPR, our legitimate interest is the conduct of our business for the benefit of all our employees and shareholders.
11. Duration for which the personal data will be stored
The criterion for the duration of the storage of personal data is the respective legal retention period. After this period has expired, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted unless they are no longer required for the fulfilment or initiation of the contract.
12. Legal or contractual provisions governing the provision of personal data; necessity for the conclusion of the contract; obligation of the person concerned to provide the personal data; possible consequences of not providing the data
We will inform you that the provision of personal data is partly required by law (e.g. tax regulations) or may result from contractual provisions (e.g. information on the contractual partner). Sometimes it may be necessary for a contract to be concluded that a person concerned provides us with personal data which must subsequently be processed by us. For example, the person concerned is obliged to provide us with personal data if our company concludes a contract with him or her. Failure to provide personal data would mean that the contract could not be concluded with the person concerned. Before the person concerned provides personal data, he or she must contact us. Industrielle Biotechnologie Bayern Netzwerk GmbH will inform the person concerned on a case-by-case basis whether the provision of personal data is required by law or contract or is necessary for the conclusion of a contract, whether there is an obligation to provide the personal data and what consequences the non-availability of the personal data would have.
13. Existence of an automated decision making process
As a conscientious company, we refrain from automatic decision-making or profiling.
References: With the exception of point 6, which also partly comes from the following source: "Information on the newsletter according to the model of lawyer Dr. Thomas Schwenke" and point 15, which was created by www.121watt.de, this data protection declaration was created by the data protection declaration generator of the Kiel externer Datenschutzbeauftragter in cooperation with RC GmbH, which recycles used notebooks and the Filesharing Rechtsanwälten of WBS-LAW.