Accelerating the Commercialisation of Algal Biomass Through Applied R&D and Business Strategy
ACI’s 3rd annual European Algae Biomass Conference will once again bring together senior executives from industry and academia to discuss the latest commercial and technical developments, challenges and research breakthroughs throughout the entire algae value chain.
The conference will have a heavy focus on case study examples of latest technologies in operation in the global algae industry and low-cost production of microalgae. Discussion will focus on technical challenges faced when optimising the cultivation of algae, the current and future commercial markets for algae products and the challenges faced during the commercialisation process including the views from three different end markets.
Exclusive Site Visit to Ecoduna's Hanging Gardens Photobioreactor
During the afternoon of Tuesday 23rd April 2013 up to 30 conference attendees will receive a unique opportunity to visit Ecoduna's hanging gardens photobioreactor facility in Bruck an der Leitha, just a short drive from Vienna.
There is no extra charge to attend the site visit, but spaces are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. Please register your attendance for the site visit when booking for the conference.
Key Topics Include
- Commercial market analysis & forecasts
- Strain selection & genetic engineering
- The future for European algae biomass: View from diverse markets
- Algal culture systems: Latest developments from laboratory & field
- Harvesting, dewatering, drying & oil extraction: Maximising efficiency & reducing cost
- Commercial algae production: Case study examples
- Biofuel production & biorefining
- Algae-based CO2 capture
- Algae as an investment opportunity: An investor’s viewpoint
- Jose Sanchez, General Manager Algae Division, OriginOil
- Olivier Lepine, Director of Operations, Algosource
- Pierre Calleja, CEO, Fermentalg
- Michael Lubbehusen, Partner, ECapital Entepreneurial Partners
- Juergen Polle, Associate Professor, Brooklyn College
- Surajit Khanna, Founder and Chairman/CEO, BARD Holding
- Martin Mohr, Managing Partner, Ecoduna
- Jonathan Trent, OMEGA Project Scientist, NASA (subject to final confirmation)
- Doug DiLillo, Industrial BioTechnology Lead, Pall Energy Group
- Miguel Verhein, Executive Director, Algasol Renewables
- Frank Rogalla, Innovation and Technology Manager, Aqualia
- Peter Ripplinger, CEO, Subitec
- Stephen Slocombe, Research Associate, Scottish Marine Institute
- Michael Kröger, Project Coordinator, Deutsches Biomasseforschungszentrum
- Sander Hazewinkel, Co-Owner, Lgem
- Philippe Tramoy Managing Partner CBDM.T
- Professor Michael A Borowitzka, Alga R&D Centre Murdoch University
- Oran Ayalon R&D Director, Algae Technology
Who Will Attend
Algae cultivation plant owners and operators, leading algae/biomass research institutes, technology providers for cultivation, harvesting, dewatering, drying, oil extraction and processing, plant engineers and constructors, algae end market users, biofuel producers and green energy & biotech investors.
Source: Active Communications International
Register & Contact
Tel: +44 (0)20 7981 2503